When your alarm clock goes off in the morning, there’s a good chance you react with something short of enthusiasm. “But I just fell asleep!” you shout to no one in particular. You’re tempted to toss the thing across the room, but then you remember your alarm clock is your $700 smartphone that contains 1,000 times the computing power of the original Mercury space ships. So, you gently dismiss the alert and start the business of waking for the day.
Annoying as alarms can be, they’re also vital to our lives. Without them, we’d be late to work, miss important flights or forget about doctor’s appointments. The same philosophy has gone into Sever Technology’s Sentry Power Manager, our award-winning software that provides a single pane of glass through which to view all your data center smart rackmount PDUs, wherever they are in the world.
With the ability to remotely monitor and manage power and environmental conditions in your data center, SPM provides the ultimate in data center efficiency, proving to be a money-saver from the start. Here’s a look at some of Sentry Power Manager’s top alerts, reports, and tools:
SPM Reports in a Nutshell
- Energy Consumed Reports: This shows your data center’s total kilowatt usage and is invaluable when you’re tasked with overseeing efficiency and cost. You can choose the power type, outlet or
infeed. SPM will show you this data grouped by location, cabinet, PDU or other customized views.
- Cabinet Redundancy Report: When you have A & B power feeds for PDUs within the same cabinet, this report shows users where the PDU is within acceptable safety limits and warns when power is exceeding these limits.
- Inventory Report: This shows you model numbers, serial numbers, power ratings, current firmware versions and more. This also reduces the amount of time needed to look up individual PDU information if you ever need to contact Server Technology’s customer support.
- Trending Reports: These reports aggregate a massive amount of data, including temperature, humidity, and power usage from your PDUs to predict future risks.
- Email Alerts: Create, save and schedule reports to be sent automatically via email. You can generate system reports on trends and email them to a pre-defined list of recipients. This is a huge time-saver and it ensures that critical information is being passed along to the right people in your organization.
- SNMP Trap Forwarding and Alarms: Set up real-time PDU status and alarm notification via dynamic reports (SNMP traps), which allows monitoring and outlet control over conditions such as humidity, power, and temperature.
That’s just the tip of the iceberg of what Sentry Power Manager can do. Discover more features by taking it for a test drive with a live demo. Then, visit our YouTube page to learn more about how to set up alerts and reports in Sentry Power Manager.